When buying a piece of jewellery, you want it to last for as long as possible. To make sure your jewellery looks it’s best, follow these simple guidelines:
• Avoid contact with water. Remove before showering / bathing / washing up etc.
• Remove before DIY, gardening etc.
• Remove before sleeping.
• Avoid spraying perfume directly onto your jewellery.
• Avoid using household chemicals whilst wearing rings or bracelets.
• Do not store your jewellery in direct sunlight.
Silver will tarnish over time, but items can easily be restored to a shiny finish by using a silver polishing cloth. Simply rub the surface to be polished with medium pressure.
If you don’t have a silver polishing cloth you can also do the following to clean the item*
1. Cover the bottom of a heat-proof dish in aluminium foil, shiny side up.
2. Place the jewellery on the foil and add a tablespoon or so of baking soda.
3. Then slowly pour boiling water over it till it’s totally covered and the tarnish will collect on the foil.
4. Rinse and dry the jewellery on a soft cloth.
*DO NOT do this with the following natural pearls or gemstones: fluorite, turquoise, rhodochrosite and natural opals.